Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pineapple-Cranberry Pork Roast

YUMMY is all I can say!  And easy!  Tonight I made this pork roast recipe out of a book I got for Christmas called 365 Slow Cooker Suppers.

I took a 4lb pork shoulder roast and browned it on Stovetop high


Meanwhile I mixed 4 chopped cloves of garlic with 1tsp Allspice, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.


After the roast was browned a bit on both sides, I coated each side with the above mixture


Then I took one can of crushed pineapple, drained and one can of cranberry sauce and mixed it together


Once mixed, I put this on top of the pork roast and turned it to low on the crockpot and set it for 8 hours


It came out so tasty!  The pork was not dry at all and it was very flavorful.  This is what it looked like...


I then whipped up some bagged mashed potatoes and frozen broccoli



Made myself a plate and dug right in.  It was delicious!!!


 

1 comment: