Thursday, January 2, 2014

I am going to need to do some experimenting! BBQ Chicken and Rice

So tonight I tried making BBQ chicken and rice.  I looked up how to do the rice in the cookbook that came with the Ninja.  Basically, set the Ninja to 350 on the oven setting, heat up and add the rice ad liquid.

So I set the temp and added 1 1/2 cups rice and 3 cups of chicken stock...



 
 Next I put my chicken on the rack and added salt and pepper


Then I added the rack into the pot and let it go for 20 minutes

 
 After 20 minutes the rice was actually sticking a little and not quite done so I added some water to it and then added the BBQ sauce to the chicken.  This was not a good idea!  The BBQ sauce ended up all in the rice and not on the chicken when I checked it a few minutes later!

 
 The rice looks pink!  LOL
 
Everything tasted fine in the end, I added more BBQ sauce after I took the chicken out, but I am thinking that I need more liquid in my rice and I shouldn't put the BBQ sauce on until the very end.  Live and learn!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment